Bridal Veil Falls
- Bridal Veil Falls offers easy roadside access near Highlands, NC
- Drive behind falls in your vehicle to experience Bridal Veil Falls to the fullest
- 120 ft cascading waterfall nearby Highlands, NC
- Nice waterfall photo opportunity in Nantahala National Forest
- Great spot for the entire family but be careful, this is a busy U.S. Hwy 64
THE LOCAL SCOOP
Bridal Veil Falls in Highlands, NC are conveniently located on the roadside of U.S. Highway 64. Impress the family by driving the SUV behind the waterfall! Note: be careful if it's winter time, the road can be frozen over. However, the access behind the waterfall is usually closed when ice forms, not to worry.
You'll have multiple views of the 120 ft. falls that cascade off of a rock face for about 60 ft. of the total height. Large ice sickles form in the colder months and can be very beautiful to photograph, but be very careful around them. They can detach from the rocks and turn into a speeding missle. Enjoy them at a distance.
An interesting history of Bridal Veil Falls is the original gorge road actually went behind the falls as the only pass available. So, US Highway 64 that we travel today wasn't even a thought in the engineer's mind.
We recommend making this a "must-do" on your way to and from Franklin, NC and Highlands, NC along this beautiful stretch of the 'Mountain Waters Scenic Byway' located in the vast Nantahala National Forest.